Our Learning & Participation team are looking to expand their pool of freelance facilitators and meet with practitioners we haven’t yet connected with. Would you be interested in working with us to deliver new community focused projects over the coming months?
These targeted programmes of work aim to develop new activity for underrepresented and underserved communities in Havering and as such we are looking for local facilitators who:
· …are based in Havering, or are Outer East London/Essex based with strong links to Havering.
· …have lived experience as part of an underrepresented or underserved community.
· …demonstrate a passion for change and building new community partnerships.
· …promote inclusive practice centred around participant experience.
We would love to meet with you, whether you are an experienced arts facilitator, early career/new graduate or someone moving into participatory practice from another performing arts field.
We hope you will have a passion for working with: children and young people, people living with dementia and/or digital participatory projects (especially with older and isolated people).
This is an open call and applicants who meet the key criteria will be offered a 25 minute interview with our Head of Learning & Participation (in-person or via Zoom) following a standardised set of questions which will enable us to discuss your suitability for upcoming projects, including:
· Weekly sessions with children and young people (various projects covering ages 6-18)
· New series of remote participation projects (e.g. digital or telephone based) focusing on older and isolated people
· New trial project delivering workshops with people living with dementia
Fees are dependent on the shape and nature of each project which we wish to develop with the facilitator, but as a guide our fees are currently built around £25-30 per hour of delivery or £120-150 per day.
To apply: please send us a brief expression of interest (up to 500 words or 5 minutes) introducing yourself and how you meet the key criteria along with a current CV and completed Equal Opportunities Form.
If you prefer to submit your expression of interest in a digital form (voice note or video) please provide this as a link to view online (i.e a private view/unlisted video on YouTube, Vimeo or SoundCloud).