Queen’s Theatre Hornchurch is pleased to announce the cast of Tales from the Thames, touring to community venues in South Essex from 26 June to 10 July 2021.
The cast includes Tim Freeman (A View from the Bridge, Protocol Productions), Mia Jerome (Lost Lending Library, Punchdrunk), Tom Mangan is the co-artistic director of multi-award winning theatre company Rendered Retina and Lisa Wright (Sunny Afternoon, UK Tour).
Tales from the Thames is a Queen’s Theatre Hornchurch and Creative Estuary co-commission.
Five lives collide one day along the banks of the Thames, and their future is changed forever.
The sun rises over the river, and everything’s coming to life. Dawn chorus plays, jobs are started, engines turned on, containers crashed onto ships and journeys made. But today is different…
Can fractured relationships and fears of the future be overcome by stopping for a moment, taking in the vista and listening to the water as it brings stories and memories to the shore?
This is an epic story of the majestic Thames and its community. It’s about the power of coming together. And about winning a pop quiz…
With live music and songs written by MG Boulter, this newly commissioned piece is deeply inspired by the Essex Thames Estuary and is made for and by the people who live and work alongside it.
Tales from the Thames is free to attend for everyone – tickets available from Monday 7 June 2021.
The venues and dates of performances of Tales from the Thames are:
- Saturday 26 June at 7pm – West Tilbury Village Hall
- Monday 28 June at 7pm – St Stephen’s Community Trust, Purfleet
- Tuesday 29 June at 7pm – The Place, Pitsea Leisure Centre
- Thursday 1 July at 7.30pm – The Corringham Hall
- Friday 2 July at 6pm – Aveley Community Hub
- Saturday 3 July at 2pm – Wat Tyler Centre, Pitsea, Basildon
- Sunday 4 July at 6.30pm – St Edmunds Community Hall, Southend-on-Sea
- Tuesday 6 July at 7pm – Tyrrells Hall Working Men’s Club, Grays
- Thursday 8 July at 7pm – The Lobster Smack Pub, Canvey Island
- Saturday 10 July at 7pm – South Ockendon Royal British Legion