To celebrate the Theatre’s 65th birthday, the Queen’s Theatre Hornchurch has unveiled its fundraising plans to innovate and renovate the iconic building for artists, participants and audiences alike as part of its QNew project. This refreshing facelift will help the venue make better theatre, work with more young people and community groups, offer an increasingly comfortable experience to audiences, be more open and accessible to D/deaf and disabled people, and keep the Theatre alive as a safe and environmentally friendly community hub, well into the future.
The Theatre can only make this possible with the support from its valued customers, so the venue will be introducing a 65p QNew Transformation fee per ticket, which will come into effect on its 65th birthday, Friday 21 September. Once this fee comes into use, the current £1 fee transaction charge for tickets will be abolished. The ability to print your tickets at home will also be introduced for the convenience of those who want to.
The funds raised will contribute towards supporting a number of exciting projects throughout 2019. These include:
- Equipping a new dedicated rehearsal facility on site for the first time in the Theatre’s history
- Dedicating a bespoke new space for the Theatre’s expanding range of learning and participatory work with the local community
- Creating a special room for local and regional artists to try out new ideas
- Building a new look ground floor Bar to complement the busy Café
- Making front of house and backstage much more accessible to D/deaf and disabled people
- Replacing outdated equipment so that it’s cheaper and safer to run
- Installing better air conditioning in the foyer so everyone can be comfortable all year round
- Ensuring the roof and exterior of the Theatre are weather proofed for the future
Further information about QNew and the QNew Transformation fee is available here.
Audiences can also speak to the theatre’s Box Office staff on 01708 443333 if they have any questions or can pick up a leaflet from the theatre in person.